Our infant program embodies Maria Montessori’s vision of a “Nido” or nest.
Our infant program is a calm loving place where babies can investigate and feel secure. Teachers speak in gentle tones, the daily pace is easygoing, and décor is modest and homelike. Each child is an individual that is nurtured with warmth and esteem. As is expected for Montessori schools, every detail is chosen with the baby’s whole development in mind.
Our Rooms Welcome Infants from 12 Weeks – 24 Months.
Our organized environments have child-development applicable materials and activities that help the child in each stage of infant growth. We monitor the child through a variety of environments where they can explore according to their curiosity and mobility, not just their age.
♥ Low shelving with materials for fine-motor development and cause/effect, such as rings on a post, puzzles and containers to open and close.
♥ Purpose driven water play.
♥ Pull and push toys to promote gross motor movement.
♥ Our classes have special features that set them apart from standard daycare settings:
- Like breastfeeding, Our Infant rooms invite moms who would like to nurse their baby during midday visits.
- Use of low tables and chairs while eating snacks and solid meals. This gives children a valuable first experience at gaining independence with self-feeding.
- Soft floor mats and bolsters on which babies can move easily and grow motor skills.
- Mirrors close to the floor to inspire tummy time and self-discovery.
- Soft furniture for children to pull themselves up onto.
- An abundance of Boppy pillows for infants to climb over and prop themselves onto.
- Tranquil environments with a designated nap space guarantees quality rest that babies need.
- An outdoor space designed especially for infants, with soft surfaces, and toys to climb over and through.
- We also have double strollers to take multiple babies on regular “rides” both outside and indoors around our campus.
Fully Accredited Montessori Teachers
We're Waiting to give You a School Tour,
Call Now (818) 992-5341
or Fill Out This Form to be Contacted Within an Hour